Anthem and Oaths – January 15, 2011
The national anthem of the USA, known as ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ was written by a lawyer and a poet ‘Francis Scott Key in 1814. On March 3, 1931, it was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution, signed by President Herbert Hoover.
Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn’ early light…What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?…Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thru the perilous fight,…O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?…And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,… Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there…. O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave…O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?………..On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,…Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,…What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,…As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?….Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,…In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:…Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave… O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!………..And where is that band who so vauntingly swore… That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion…A home and a country should leave us no more?… Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution…No refuge could save teh hireling and slave… From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:…And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave… O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave………. O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,…Between their victory and peace, may the heav’n-rescued land… Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!…Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,…And this be our motto: “In God is our trust”…And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave…O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!………. When our land is illumined with liberty’s smile,…If a foe from within strikes a blow at her glory,…Down, down with the traitor that tries to defile…The flag of the stars, and the page of her story!…By the millions unchained,
Who their birthright have gained…We will keep her bright blazon forever unstained;…And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave,…While the land of the free is the home of the brave…………
The American Oath of Allegiance was first officially recorded on May 30th, 1778 at Valley Forge, during the Revolutionary War. Every immigrant who desire to become a US citizen must take this oath.
“I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”
The National Anthem of Pakistan was composed by Ahmed Ghulam Ali Chaghla and the music was played without lyrics at few occasions. The first official anthem with lyrics, written by Abul-Asr Hafeez Jalandhri in Urdu, was played properly on Radio Pakistan on August 13, 1954. Following is the English translation of NAP.
Blessed be the sacred land, Happy be the bounteous realm, Symbol of high resolve, Land of Pakistan! Blessed be thou, citadel of faith…..The order of this sacred land, is the might of the brotherhood of the people, May the nation, the country and the state, Shine in glory everlasting!, Blessed be the goal of our ambition…..This flag of the crescent and star, Leads the way to progress and perfection, Interpreter of our past, glory of our present, Inspiration of our future!, Symbol of the protection of God, Owner of Majesty…….
The oath of office of the President/Prime Minister of Pakistan:
I, ___, do solemnly swear that I am a Muslim and believe in the Unity and Oneness of Almighty Allah, the Books of Allah, the Holy Qur’an being the last of them, the Prophet-hood of Muhammad (pbuh) as the last of the Prophets and that there can be no Prophet after him, the Day of Judgment, and all the requirements and teachings of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah:…..That I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan:…..That, as President/Prime Minister of Pakistan, I will discharge my duties, and perform my functions, honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan:….. That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions:…..That I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:…..That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favor, affection or ill-will:…..And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President/Prime Minister of Pakistan, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President. May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A’mee)
(The only difference between the oath of two offices is the line added in Prime Minister’s oath “That I will strive to preserve the Islamic Ideology which is the basis for the creation of Pakistan”)
I see people who usually don’t take any interest in knowing about the history and the symbols of Pakistan when reach America, somehow to justify their presence in a non-Muslim country, start taking all the interest in the history and symbols of America. Not only that but they find right clues according to Sharia to justify their emigration and seeking permanent residence in Darul-Kufr.
Now which one is easier to learn about and defend or work for? 515 years old American history or about 150 years old history of Pakistan…..The Revolutionary War or War of Independence of USA against British crown or the war of independence 1857 against British crown…… knowing about seven founding fathers of America or just one founding father of Pakistan…… the anthem consists of five stanzas or the anthem of three stanzas….. the oath of allegiance or the oath to the Mighty Lord!
The national anthem and the oaths of two offices should be the part of our curriculum at early level.
Two Nations 2 – January 14, 2011
Ummah vs Community/Nation by Shiekh Yasir Qadhi
Seeking permanent Residence in Darul-Kufr:
8 ) The speaker said that according to Hanafi, Shafai, Hanbli school of thought, it is permissible for Muslims to seek permanent residence in Darul-Kufr as long as he/she can practice his/her religion. Now the point is “he/she and his/her”, do they really think that Muslim women are allowed to seek permanent residence in Darul-Kufr as long as they can practice Sharia? What about the condition of mahram/naa-mahram, can they travel alone to another country even if it is for Da’awah? Because as far as I know, our scholars do not allow Muslim women to go for a picnic unless they are accompanied by their father, brother, husband, son or mahram-relative. Some of them say women can travel alone within the fifty miles area around their residence. If that is the case, how would Muslim women find out about those fifty miles limitations where do they end? The reason I said that, our women are not educated, if they are then they are not interested in learning about the geographical features and boundaries of their land. If they do take interest, they are not considered innocent fairies, faithful
companions and good home-builders/runners.
9) I read a hadith saying, “Muslims can leave the Muslim community/Darul-Islam in three conditions. For the purpose of Da’awah or Trade or Marriage”. I forgot the reference of this hadith and have no idea if this is an authentic hadith. I don’t know if Islamic Sharia allows Muslim men and women to emigrate for educational purpose. For the sake of argument, lets say, Islamic Sharia allows Muslims to emigrate for any valid reason such as Daawah, trade, marriage, education, oppression or because it is their human right. Whatever is the reason but according the hadith, one thing is for sure and I think all Pakistanis must know about this wise saying of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). This hadith should be included in our curriculum of Political Science.
The hadith says, “I am free from the responsibility of those Muslims who live among Mushrikeen”. This hadith, if it can be interpreted as it frees the government of an Islamic country and the citizens from the responsibility of those who choose to live in a non-Islamic country. Citizens of an Islamic country must be aware of at what limit they can support their family members and relatives living abroad.
For example and which is very obvious now, America and Pakistan are engaged in war at very limited and primary level, the drone attacks and now the missile attacks. What if Pakistan decides to retaliate. How would Pakis as legal residents defend themselves as a loyal minority to American government. Because I think the one who are citizens (have taken oath of allegiance) are considered the majority and I think they can be called to save the honour and liberty of (Darul-kufr). The law wouldn’t allow them to become neutral.
10) The speaker said, “our job is to live in America by Islamic rules in our private lives because we are in a contract with the government and as a Muslim we can’t break our contract, we can preach but can’t impose our faith on others”. NOT THE EXACT WORDINGS (I would say why can’t we follow the same rule in our country, just practice our faith in our private lives and work for the betterment of the community and the country. Our environment can become much more peaceful and pleasant just like other countries if we follow this rule within the boundaries of an Islamic country.)
Two Nations 1 – January 13, 2011
UMMAH vs NATION/COMMUNITY: A lecture by Shiekh Yasir Qadhi
Average Muslims means the ordinary people of any country. They, in any case, always need a guidance and a framework to live a life. For an ordinary Muslim Islam provides that complete code, including all social, economic and political guidelines, of life. This is what every Muslim believes in even if he/she doesn’t know how it is possible.
This would be very hypothetical to expect an ideal Islamic State or a non-Islamic State where no conspiracies take place, people eat according to their desire working 9 to 5, achieve whatever they wish for and have no conflicts with anyone. No such government has ever existed. It might only exist if each member of the state is sincere, modest, selfless, hardworking, responsible and sensitive about others’ problems.
Muslims born in any Islamic territory who have made up their minds about settling down in another country have no right to declare an Islamic country ineligible to be called one just because they found themselves disabled to do something about it.
1) Can you be a law abiding American and a God-fearing Muslim at the same time?……If the argument concludes at “yes, it is possible” then it would be the same answer for Pakistan. I can be a law-abiding Pakistani and a God-fearing Muslim at the same time. I don’t need to get confused that loving Pakistan and serving Pakistan is nationalism, is kufr, is haram, is shirk. It is also permissible for Pakistanis just as it is for the American Muslims to love and respect their home-lands. What would I do for that? Obey the law just as we do in America, respect the law, the constitution. But the problem is that when we are here in Pakistan, we love to disagree with the religious scholars, the politicians and the government. We love to disobey the constitution and break the law. Any effort of political effort for betterment is considered unlawful according to Islamic Sharia or kufr or nationalism etc. Any religious movement is entitled as extremism. Ordinary men and women for being unable to decide anything become neutral.
2) Can Muslims of an Islamic country reside in Darul Kufr, the land of unbelievers?……The argument says yes with the condition of doing Da’wah, preaching the religion to the non-Muslims.
The point is that if Muslims are allowed to leave Islamic land for the purpose of Da’wah, then how many Muslims can leave per day for the same purpose to the same country? I mean does it sound logical if about 500 or 1000 Pakistanis per day leave for different countries? Who will assess their ability to preach Islam? Should Muslims mention this purpose at the time of applying for visa? Do they have to have this intention before leaving for Darul-Kufr or it can become a desire after settling down in the land of unbelievers? Why would so many Muslims be so much interest in preaching Islam and only in advance countries? I mean, if Da’wah is the only criteria for emigration, then why only choosing advanced countries? Why not traveling to the land of miseries where thousands of hungry and thirsty souls are waiting for our help? Why not our own villages where people have no knowledge of Islam? Why not daring to be like Mother Tresa, Dr. Ruth Fao, George Fulton or many others who dedicated their lives to the third world countries?
3) If a non-Muslim embraces Islam, should he migrate to Darul-Islam or stay where he/she belongs to? The famous scholarly perspective says that instead of moving to an Islamic country, he/she should stay among their people and preach Islam in his/her home-town. However, there is no harm in moving to an Islamic land for getting knowledge or other purposes.
4) One of the hadith says, “I have nothing to do or I am free from the responsibility of those Muslims who live among Mushrikeen”……It means that citizens of an Islamic country are not responsible for the those who travel to a non-Muslim country, pay taxes, play their role in strengthening it’s foundations and claim the ownership. I wish if Pakistani scholars, political leaders and common people would understand this point. Since we don’t know this hadith, we … due to our emotional kind of kindness and national bonding, we often cross the limits in supporting second-hand Pakistanis for being mistreated by their beloved governments. Dr. Afia Siddiqui is the recent example. According to this hadith, we can show our sympathy and feel sorry for them but actually can’t create a mess in our country to save them from their ‘the just’ justice system. I think we should not allow our religious and political leaders to play with the public on these kind of issues. Even if they are killed there in a condition that they were still a good Muslim, we can’t call jihad or slogans against them. So hello Pakis! Stop worrying about them and stop ruining your lives for Pakis who are not Pakis anymore, they had chosen to be the citizen of another country. What a relief!
5) Though the speaker has very intelligently concluded that “being oppressed” is not necessarily the reason for leaving Darul-Islam and for settling down in Darul-Kufr (as interpreted the ayah of Surah An-Nisa), as long as somebody find that place peaceful enough to practice Islam. Hmmm, but for that, one has to have an intention of practicing Islam and must have striven for that in their home-land first. It is like providing practical evidences against the system. If it is only few individuals, they can seek a political or religious asylum in other countries but what if they are majority. An oppressed majority can bring a revolution in their own land unless they are invaded and crushed by strong foreign troops. In that case, they become refugees to other countries.
6) What is the meaning of ‘being oppressed’? Is oppression a synonym to unemployment, sickness, poverty, pollution, family and property matters, illiteracy?
7) Comparing today’s Muslims to the early sacred personalities? First, the early migrants found asylum in Abyssinia as the representatives of Islam and they declared it to King Najashi in their first meeting. Second, they returned to their land when they were called or the Muslims needed them. Third, during their prolonged stay in Abyssinia, they did not become negligent of their family, relatives, friends and the Prophet (pbuh). They knew their obligations to Madinah Al-Munawwara. Fourth, while the mutiny was plotted, did they become neutral and prayed for Najashi’s victory or they gave their pledges to fight along Najashi to defend the land of peace? In case of Najashi, Prophet (pbuh) guaranteed that he will not harm Muslims. In case of America or European countries, who will give this assurance?
What if America attacks any of the Islamic countries? They have attacked already, all around the world. What should be the role of second-hand peaceful, non-violent Muslim citizens of America in this situation? Well, if they are not second hand then American government will respect their opinion. Okay, if they are coward to raise voice in favour of the country they were born in, at least they can stop their government from waging a war against humanity. If they don’t have any courage to stop then at least request their government to respect the sovereignty and borders of other countries.
Two Nations – January 13, 2011
Americans and Pakistanis…
I don’t know why but somehow I have a feeling that there is one thing our scholars, maulvis, lecturers and speakers, especially if they have any connection to the South Asian region, are very good at. That is, that they know how not to disappoint their audience or listeners. It doesn’t matter what the topic it is. They can fulfill attendees’ expectations because they understand why they are there. People usually don’t go to scholars or experts so they become disappointed. The reason could be because common people with ordinary level of self-control and limited knowledge can’t afford to be disappointed by a learned person. This is like beyond their expectations. About their intentions, God knows the best!
The Highlights of American History: 1) Christopher Columbus landed on Bahamas (somewhere between 1485 and October 12, 1495) which was a new land for him to discover. (Bahamas is a country now, then an island situated near Florida)…… 2) From 1607 to 1776 (126 years), Great Britain established Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Caroline, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Caroline and Virginia as British colonies……. 3) On July 4, 1776, the thirteen British colonies declared their independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain and establishment of United States of America. The founding fathers, Founding Fathers (Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Jay, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton) signed the Declaration of Independence……. 4) From 1775 to 1787, they were engaged in the war of independence or the Revolutionary War against the Kingdom of Great Britain. George Washington was leading the Americans……. 5) On April 30, 1789, George Washington took the oath of office as the first president of the United States of America. He is the only president who was elected with 100% vote in 1789 and then in 1792. For the love of his country, he declined the salary of $25000 and delivered his duties as a selfless public servant……. 6) Bill of Rights were the first ten amendments (sounds like ten-commandments) to the US constitution presented by James Madison in 1789, came into effect on Dec 15, 1791……. 7) From 1861 – 1865 was the period of Civil War between Confederate States of America and United States of America because the C.S.A declared their secession from the USA. C.S.A also known as eleven-slave states consisted of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Texas/Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. The major causes of war were said to be slavery, economic and social differences between north and south, rights of states against federation, Abolition Movement and the election of Abraham Lincoln as president……. 8 ) On November 6th, 1860, Abraham Lincoln (the self-educated man) was elected as the 16th president of America and was re-elected on March 4th, 1865. He died on April 15, 1865 as a result of the assassination attempt a day before……. 9) The elections in 1876 raised the issues of civil-rights for African-Americans as blacks in south were not allowed to elect a representative from their community. From 1896 – 1954, Civil Right Movement (non-violent) was started to ensure the equality for all Americans. African-American Civil Right Movement, from 1955 – 1968, was led by many organizations and individuals as well for the causes of economic and social equality, respect and honour of all Americans and African’s right to vote. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Park, Malcom-X (also known as Malik Shahbaz), James Meredith were few among many who played a key role in making the movement successful……. 10) Africans in USA: First African slave arrived in 1619 in Virginia. Slavery was declared illegal in 1787. The Congress banned the import of slaves from Africa in 1808. President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation for slaves within the Confederate States to live free. In 1963, four black girls were killed as a result of bomb explosion at Sunday school.
My Note: Starting from Columbus till now, the history of America is 515 years old. While from July 4, 1776, it covers the span of 234 years. The time period between (281 years) tells the story of British colonization of early states and their struggle and fight for independence. The America that we see now is a result of a long and assertive strive to build an impressive system. So impressive that even the members of imam-an-naas of this time (despite of their centuries of ruling and domination) feel like compelled or attracted to live under it.
On the contrary, excluding the earliest fifty years of Hijri calendar, Muslims seem like failure. It’s not that they failed to produce such a just and peaceful system but unfortunately couldn’t continue the best political system introduced by the Prophet (pbuh) and Khulafa-e-Rashideen.
The reason of one’s rise and other one’s fall, as I could understand, is easy to identify. American history is a story of the continuous struggle of ordinary people for their rights and support for each other.
The history of Islam came to a pause after the martyrdom of Hussain ibn Ali (as). Then it was turned into the story of Muslims, which is mostly signified by the Khalifahs, Kings, Sultans and freedom fighters. However, some individuals were still able to mark the human history as the world’s greatest scientists, mathematicians, philosophers, theorists, thinkers, poet, historians, travellers etc. But they were so unfortunate to be forgotten by the members of their own faith. The reason could be that the minds of ordinary Muslims were not able to acknowledge their knowledge, wisdom and talent. Either they trusted their rulers sold their loyalties to them or became inactive or neutral. They lost their territories to the invaders and went into slavery. Then fought the battles for freedom. Then again trusted their hero to be their leader forever and then again the same story continues.
The revolution of Iran is one example of people’s participation in changing the system and their unity to carry it on.
Pakistan Movement was even a greater example till last few decades. Then people started giving up. They were exhausted. They started running away in search of better system where they can spend a quality life.
How can people expect a system to progress without their involvement? Once they get a land after great sacrifices, they give up, they don’t want to transfer that passion of struggling for something to their next generation. Then they suffer, they blame each other, they try to justify their disconnection through scholars or people of words.
Iqbal said, “pooch is say kay maqbool hay fitrat ki gawahi”………….
TO BE CONTINUED….
Solution for Water Crisis
“So I have called to them aloud; Further I have spoken to them in public and secretly in private, Saying, ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is Oft-Forgiving; ‘He will send rain to you in abundance; ‘Give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (of flowing water). ‘What is the matter with you, that ye place not your hope for kindness and long-suffering in Allah”…..Surah Nuh, ayaat 8-13….
“And proclaim (O dear Prophet Mohammed – peace and blessings be upon him), “I have received the divine revelation that ‘Had they remained upright on the straight path, We would have given them abundant water”… Surah Jinn, ayat 16..
Isa ibn Maryam, My Prophet – December 25, 2010
The Messenger (Muhammad pbuh) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers, each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. They say, “we make no distinction between one another of His Messengers”–and they say, “we hear and we obey, we seek Your forgiveness, our Lord! and to You is the return (of all)”….Surah Al-Baqarah/The Cow, 285
Muslims are not anti-Christ. Muslims are not anti any prophets. They can’t be. Otherwise they won’t be Muslims anymore. That’s for sure. The reason is that all the prophets stood up with the same message for the same reason. That is why Muslims can’t make any difference between them. They all were the most honoured, the most wise and the most trustworthy men of their time.
Muslims believe that Allah (SWT) appointed 124000 prophets and they ought to believe in them all. Qur’an mentions 25 of them; Adam, Idrees (Enoch), Ilyas (Elijah), Nuh (Noah), Hud, Salih, Dhulkifl (Ezekiel), Elisha, Ibraheem (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Lut (Lot), Shoaib, Yunus (Jonah), Ayub (Job), Musa (Moses), Harun (Aaron), Daud (David), Sulaiman (Solomon), Zakaria (Zachariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), Isa (Jesus) and Prophet Muhammad…peace be upon them all.
Muslims honour Isa/Jesus as the prophet of God while Christians believe in him as the son of God.
Qur’an mentions Marium peace be upon her (Marry, the mother of Jesus) as the chosen lady and that she was an innocent and pure soul who never committed any sin. Both, the mother and the son, were saved from the touch of Shaitaan (the devil). The birth of Jesus without father was a miracle, which occurred by the will of God. Isa/Jesus spoke to the crowd in his infancy to defend his mother’s honour and truthfulness. Isa/Jesus gave life to dead, cured leprosy and blindness by the will of God.
Muslims also believe in the second coming of Isa/Jesus (peace be upon him) on this earth for the sake of global peace.
We Muslims honour each and every prophet, if we can celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) then certainly we can wish a happy birthday on Christmas (25th December if this is the right date) not only to Christians but to the Muslims as well.
This is the responsibility of all Muslims to convey their beliefs about Isa/Jesus to the Christian communities to clear the misunderstandings.
” He (Isa/Jesus) said (in his infancy): “I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet, “And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live, “(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable, “So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)”, Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute”….Surah Maryam/Mary, 30-34
Hajj and Sacrifice – November 13, 2010
“To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance), Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice, For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).”….Surah Al-Kauthar/Abundance, Plenty
This is how Allah (SWT) consoled Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) when he was ridiculed by his enemies at his son’s death. This is the shortest surah of Al-Qur’an and it’s not only a consolation for every soul who reads it and believes in it but actually a promise with two conditions. You need a relief from Almighty God, you should pray and sacrifice. As a result, you will be protected and your enemy will be disgraced and dispersed.
Sacrifice what…animals like we do at Eid-ul-Adha? It could be that too but that comes once in a year. Then may be time, money and desires? Yes, this is what I think. This is what we learn during pilgrimage, how to make sacrifice, how to behave with each other, disregarding the nationalities…. and they feel satisfied that they all follow the same pattern, feel united at one place…. they can console each other that wherever they belong, they are one.
Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) performed only one Hajj in his lifetime. Then why do some Muslims visit Ka’bah every year for Hajj and umrah while after honoured by one pilgrimage, they have better choices to spend their money?
What is the purpose of Hajj? Off course, it’s not a luxury that one must keep it up every year. For me, it is a pillar of Islam and a great adventure too. You visit different places with different tasks to perform. A long journey in a desert, wearing simplest clothes, not calling the God but telling Him that ‘I am present O Allah, I am present’. It’s like, I am alive so I am in action O Lord, give me a task. It’s like a combination of camping and meditation; stay, travel, eat, drink, meet but can’t hurt anyone and sacrificing an animal if you do so. So you make a mistake, spend money to help others. You don’t want to spend money, be careful and don’t make mistakes.
While I have seen people pushing each other very badly to get a chance to kiss Hajr-al Aswad or during prayer in Hateem and Riyadul Jannah or near Zam Zam fountain. People say that they don’t do it intentionally, they do it for the love of God…. huh….”hurting people or else for the love of God”…smells like Talibans. Does the love God make His lovers so emotional that they start hurting others and still get pardoned? Are they supposed to be that emotional while surrounded by millions of Muslims from different countries? Then what about the whole philosophy of sacrifice. You know having a feeling like, “I couldn’t but I helped someone else to get there”.
I like the Sa’ee (meaning effort/struggle) part because that reminds me of Hazrat Hajra (A.S) …. a woman’s courage to live in a desert all alone with her little infant. What if she had refused to abide there? Hazrat Ibraheem (A.S) would have had been in trouble, for he was a busy man, he had his prophetic job to do. Would Makkah had become the center of Muslim faith and civilization? Would the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) have been born in Makkah? Now this is called sacrifice….made by a great woman…. for the entire Muslim ummah to come into existence. Apart from being the wife of a prophet and the mother of a prophet, her own efforts to search for water is made the part of this important pillar of Islam.
So Hajj is a great responsibility. One gets a new life, new book, new beginning so he/she must be careful. Especially regarding respecting others, not wasting resources and take responsibility of their own actions.
These are the days of Hajj. We can tell our God that I am present, not absent… I am alert, not negligent… I am aware, not ignorant. We should pray for each others’ well being and commit ourselves to the duties assigned.
May Allah (SWT) forgive all my sins and my parents’ sins, enable us to live and die like a Mu’min…He may guide us to the path of His obedience and pleasure and let my family and others follow me…..Ameen!
“O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!……No just estimate have they made of Allah. for Allah is He Who is strong and able to Carry out His Will……Allah chooses messengers from angels and from men for Allah is He Who hears and sees (all things)…… He knows what is before them and what is behind them: and to Allah go back all questions (for decision)….. O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper….. And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector – the Best to protect and the Best to help!”……. Surah Hajj/The Pilgrimage…ayaat 73 – 78
“Alcohol doesn’t console, it doesn’t fill up anyone’s psychological gaps, all it replaces is the lack of God. It doesn’t comfort man. On the contrary, it encourages him in his folly, it transports him to the supreme regions where he is master of his own destiny.” (Marguerite Duras/French Novelist)
“Children, dear and loving children, can alone console a woman for the loss of her beauty.” (Honore De Balzac/French Novelist)
Adultery or Rape? – July 10, 2010
Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful….. “Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped…… “And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you – of a sudden while ye perceive not!-….. “Lest the soul should (then) say: ‘Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!’-…… “Or (lest) it should say: ‘If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!’- “Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: ‘If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!’….. “(The reply will be:) ‘Nay, but there came to thee my Signs, and thou didst reject them: thou wast Haughty, and became one of those who reject faith!’”….. On the Day of Judgment wilt thou see those who told lies against Allah.- their faces will be turned black; Is there not in Hell an abode for the Haughty?….. But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve….. Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Guardian and Disposer of all affairs…… To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth: and those who reject the Signs of Allah,- it is they who will be in loss.”…..(Surah Az-Zumr/The Troops, 53-63)
Suddenly the death penalty of an Iranian woman has turned the world in favor of a woman…obviously because she is from Iran and picking on Iran has become a fashion now a days. Just like torturing and killing Palestinian children and women is the favourite hobby of Israelis. And just like Indian Army mistreat, rape, oppress and murder innocent people of Kashmir. But no government and no people of world say a word about that. What a hypocrisy!!! The famous international activity is to pick on Iran and Pakistan.
For Muslims around the world, I am surprised if they are filing the petition against this law. After all this is a divine law mentioned in all divine books. Muslims turning against divine laws means turning against God. Divine laws are designed for global peace and justice regardless of any discrimination. They must reconsider their choices for we all will be judged for our choices.
I am also surprised for this Muslim lady of two, she shouldn’t have committed adultery. Marriage is the best option for men and women to enjoy their life. If they choose adultery over marriage, that is a clear sign of not respecting each other but using for time being. So that is not a solution to anything but creates problems even in the societies where adultery is considered a human or legal right. Their insecure youth is turning towards Islam for purity.
Second thing that sounds fishy is that why did Iranian government decide to punish only Sakenah? Where is the man she committed adultery with? Isn’t he equally guilty of the same sin or crime? Or was it a rape case? If it was then it’s not this woman but the man should be punished. Do the officials there have collected enough evidences against them as it is mentioned in Shari’ah?
Iran is being respected in the Muslim world for having a firm and just system, for being bold towards Israel and USA. Then why did they first announced the penalty and then taking it back because of the pressure of few thousand people around the world??? Do they really care about the people’s demand and would ignore their Islamic rule of law?
Instead of giving a lame points to turn the world against Islam and Qur’an, Iranian government should clearly provide the complete proofs for if this is a case of adultery or rape and should also bring that man to justice.
Divine Laws – July 10, 2010
“Say: “O my People! Do whatever ye can: I will do (my part): but soon will ye know….. Who it is to whom comes a Penalty of ignominy, and on whom descends a Penalty that abides…. Verily We have revealed the Book to thee in Truth, for (instructing) mankind. He, then, that receives guidance benefits his own soul: but he that strays injures his own soul. Nor art thou set over them to dispose of their affairs”….(Surah Az-Zumr/The Troops, 39-41)
Millions of children are being tortured, burned and killed in Palestine, Iraq, Kashmir and other Muslim countries. Thousands of women are being raped, brutally beaten and murdered in South Asian countries including Pakistan (The Islamic Republic). In all those cases, the world pretends “summun, bukmun, umyun-deaf, mute and blind”.
Now, the death by stoning of one Iranian woman has suddenly woke up the whole world to save her from punishment. Certainly because “Death by Stoning” is the unanimous punishment of Qur’an, Bible and Torah for adultery. And people of the world are being brain-washed or trained to ignore thousands of injustices and abuses committed on daily basis. We don’t mind abusing each other inside the houses or out on the streets for any reason. But when it comes to execute any divine punishment, we call it merciless, unkind, unfair, against humanity. By the way, is committing adultery a part of humanity and is a humanitarian right?
If we don’t want God interfering in our lives, fine, He won’t. He will become neutral, no imposition and no mercy. Then one day, we’ll become sick and tired of our own choices (our personal lusts and desires have already led us towards the Hell-like-living). We’ll suffer the consequences of our own actions (like we are doing now and don’t realize), we will return to Him with hope that He will forgive us. We will give Him a call and God again will respond us the same way as He did to the Prophets, “you want My help, you want peace and prosperity in you lives…then follow my guidance and live according to My laws…that’s the promise towards peace and harmony.”
Simple Verses – June 25, 2010
واِذاقُلتُم فَاعْدِلُوْا ولَوكان ذاقُربَى
اورجب بات کہو انصاف کے ساتھہ کہواگرچہ تمھارارشتہ دارہی ہو
“whenever ye speak, speak justly, even if a near relative is concerned” (Surah Al-An’aam/The Livestock 152)
ياَيُّهاالَّذِين آمَنُوااتَّقُواللهَ وقُولُوقَولاً سَدِيدًا
اےایمان والو الله سےڈرتے رہواور سیدھی بات کہو
“O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and (always) say a word directed to the Right (without deception and ambiguity)” (Surah Al-Ahzab/The Clans 70)
We usually avoid these two commandments of Qur’an in our daily lives. Parents’ ignore their childrens’ evil, relatives hide their favourite ones’ misdeeds, friends support their fellows’ bad habits, and groups and parties cover up the corruption and incompetency of their colleagues and members.
As a result of our own actions when we suffer each others’ attitude, we become doubtful that may be Qur’an really can’t solve any of our problems. Forget about the literates past forty…..even our youth, the literate and intelligent ones, especially the one getting education in O’levels and Cambridge, don’t bother to pick up this sacred book and try to find out where we are wrong. Then why do we learn to read and write if we don’t want to know what is wrong what is right.
Hell Like Era – June 11, 2010
“If you shun the great sins which you are forbidden, We will do away with your small sins and cause you to enter an honorable place of entering.”….. (Surah An-Nisa/The Women, 31)
“Sin” is the word that shows a connection between God and His people. Whenever people trespass the limitations set by God, that is sin. There could be many causes for crossing those limits. As soon as a sinner feels or realizes that he/she has committed a “sin”, they repent to God in humility. God loves it because He is the most Merciful and the most Compassionate.
The problem with the majority of the Muslims today is that we don’t categorize any action as a “sin” anymore so we don’t feel or realize that we are crossing the boundaries set by Allah. Major sins that are mentioned in the Qur’an in clear words are now legally or morally allowed as “human desires” thus become part of “normal human life” or “human rights”. Violating Allah’s restrictions deliberately is not Islam.
The word “crime”, which can be defined as the violation of man-made laws, is introduced and used as to replace the word sin in order to break this sacred connection between God and His slaves.
Ultimately, the whole world is paying off for accepting and adopting this mockery. The more we are allowing ourselves to commit sins on daily basis as our right, the more we witness the increment in crime rate.
The era called “Hell” that we are living in is nothing but a reflection of what we believe in and a reaction of our own actions.
Peace and Harmony – June 1, 2010
“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just toward the. God loves those who are just.” (Surah Al-Mumtahina/Examining Her 8 )
“Only argue with the People of the Book in the kindest way – except in the case of those of them who do wrong-saying, “We believe in what has been sent down to us and what was sent down to you. Our God are one and we submit to Him. (Surah Al-Ankaboot/The Spider 46)
Any person who claims to be a Muslim, male or female, must read Qur’an on their own and find out how should they spend their lives in a Mulim or a non-Muslim society, how should they behave with each other and treat others according to Qur’an. Taking innocent lives in the name of God is not permitted in Islam. It’s a sin, a hideous crime. These killings should be condemned by all Muslim groups and individuals because they are contrary to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
Muslims, Christians and Jews – May 16, 2010
“Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam).”……(Surah Al-e-Imran/The Family of Imran 84)
“The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. “We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles.” And they say: “We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.”….(Surah Al-Baqarah/The Cow 285)
Without reading Qur’an, how could anyone in the world think, prove and promote Islam as an anti-Christian religion, Qur’an as the book of hatred and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as an anti Jesus person/leader?
Surah Al-e-Imran (The Family of Imran, 33 to 55)
Surah Maryam (Mary, 1 to 34)
Qur’an is for whole mankind – May 13, 2010
1. O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you….Surah An-Nisa (The Women)
170. O Mankind! The Messenger hath come to you in truth from Allah. believe in him: It is best for you. But if ye reject Faith, to Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And Allah is All-knowing, All-wise….Surah An-Nisa (The Women)
174. O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest….Surah An-Nisa (The Women)
13. “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you, And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)”…..Surah Hujraat (The Apartments)
67. Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah’s (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah….Surah Al-e-Imran (The Family/House of Imran)
64. Say: “O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.” If then they turn back, say ye: “Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah’s Will)….Surah Al-e-Imran (The Family/House of Imran)
Why are liberal, moderate or modern people so averse to Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)? It is not the fault of Qur’an or Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that our so-called imams, religious scholars or preachers have corrupted the sacred religion. It happened due to our negligence because we are not interested in even reading what our beloved God is saying. We love to listen to each others’ opinions so we can get to some solutions or some understanding. Qur’an is the word of God. Don’t we want to listen what is our God saying to us? We avoid Him by showing no interest in His words. Yet we expect Him to be attentive to us. We ignore Him, He ignores us and He has a right to do so because He owns us and everything that we claim to be our possession.
Community Life in Islam – May 13, 2010
Surah Al-Hujurat (The Private Apartments, The Inner Apartments)
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
6. O ye who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what ye have done. (That goes for family members, friends, neighbors, politicians, journalists and media overall)
7. And know that among you is Allah’s Messenger. were he, in many matters, to follow your (wishes), ye would certainly fall into misfortune: But Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts, and He has made hateful to you Unbelief, wickedness, and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness;- 8. A Grace and Favour from Allah. and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom. (democracy, allowing people to voice out at what extent? isn’t it like when we want to act against Qur’anic laws because our hearts are not satisfied, instead of studying Qur’an on our own, we seek and use religious imams and scholars so somehow they can make it halal for us so the blame goes on to them….and then we accuse them of being corrupt and spoiling the pure teachings of Islam….Have we, the moderates and liberals ever found our hearts satisfied with Qur’anic laws……other divine books were changed by text for the same reason and now Muslims change it by interpretation….”khud badaltay nahi, Qur’an ko badal detay hain” (Iqbal)
9. If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with the command of Allah; but if it complies then make peace between them with justice and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just). 10. The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.
11. O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong. (Thanks to our comedians and comedy writers for creating insensitivity up to this level that making fun of others, taunting and blabbering is honored as “the art of civilization”…result? we take nothing seriously, real issues have become jokes and jokes “the article of morality”….further more resulted in a way that we all have become nothing but a joke, a laughing matter, the jokers, the entertainers for the whole world.
12. O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it…But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful. (be certain and create the environment of certainty)
Surah Shura/Consultation – May 11, 2010
13. The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah – the which We have sent by inspiration to thee – and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
*Islam is the continuation of all previous ‘way of life’ prescribed by God. Islam is a reminder of moralities taught to mankind by all Prophets (peace be upon them all). That is why Islam shouldn’t be considered an anti any religion or any system that was or is based on truth, peace and justice.
15. Now then, for that (reason), call (them to the Faith), and stand steadfast as thou art commanded, nor follow thou their vain desires; but say: “I believe in the Book which Allah has sent down; and I am commanded to judge justly between you. Allah is our Lord and your Lord: for us (is the responsibility for) our deeds, and for you for your deeds. There is no contention between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is (our) Final Goal.
Aristotle said, “At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice, he is the worst.
The base of the political system of Islam is justice, that is the assurance of peace.
36. Whatever ye are given (here) is (but) a convenience of this life: but that which is with Allah is better and more lasting: (it is) for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord:
37. Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds, and, when they are angry even then forgive;
38. Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance;
39. And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, (are not cowed but) help and defend themselves.
40. The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah. for ((Allah)) loveth not those who do wrong.
*communal life in Islam…
41. But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong (done) to them, against such there is no cause of blame.
42. The blame is only against those who oppress men and wrong-doing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice: for such there will be a penalty grievous.
43. But indeed if any show patience and forgive, that would truly be an exercise of courageous will and resolution in the conduct of affairs.
48. If then they run away, We have not sent thee as a guard over them. Thy duty is but to convey (the Message). And truly, when We give man a taste of a Mercy from Ourselves, he doth exult there at, but when some ill happens to him, on account of the deeds which his hands have sent forth, truly then is man ungrateful!
*Indeed whatever people of the world are suffering is due to the system or life-style they chose for themselves. Some individuals or small groups though tried to live accordingly but mostly the majority of people of the human-history always believed more on Kings or politicians or land-lords than the prophets and as a result/punishment were oppressed by them. Same is the case with Islam. Islam was established as the best political, social and economic system but that was for a very limited time. Then Muslims also adopted the same popular trend like of other nations; indulging into their own life, caring about profit and loss, owning properties and preferring own desires over the divine code of law in the name of so-called democracy.
All the man made systems and modern philosophies are failed. The whole mankind is suffering, facing calamities, brutalities, injustice. People against people, human beings against human beings, men against men and women against women, everybody against everybody. TRULY THE MAN IS UNGRATEFUL!
Be Specific – April 19, 2010
“You who believe! be upholders of justice, bearing witness for Allah alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives. Whether they are rich or poor, Allah is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. If you twist or turn away, Allah is aware of what you do.” (Surat an-Nisa’, 135)
“Among those We have created there is a community who guide by the Truth and act justly according to it.” (Surat al-A‘raf, 181)
“You who believe! show integrity for the sake of Allah, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to taqwa. Fear [and respect] Allah. Allah is aware of what you do.” (Surat al-Maida, 8 )
The most common wave regarding “good moral” that has swept our society away from justice and trust and has caused confusions and misunderstanding is to “talk in general.”
At home, in offices, on the streets, at any platform, we advice each other to not to mention any names and just talk in general or it may break someone’s heart. This is our general attitude towards morality…don’t break the hearts of the sinners and wrongdoers.
Isn’t it injustice to those who may be the part of that group or community but are not responsible for that particular action or reaction. Why should their reputation be spoiled for the sake of those who don’t care about anyone’s reputation including their own.
This attitude has played a hideous and humongous role in destroying the image of Pakistan.
We cover the misconduct, wrongdoings and/or corruption of our family members, relatives, friends, community or the group we belong to by saying “this happens in Pakistan”. Isn’t it unfair to those who are honest and firm in their dealings?
We usually decide to leave the land because of few bad elements or some inappropriate situations but when asked we blame the system in whole preventing the one responsible for our exile. This is an offense against those who are trying to remove those elements in order to create a peaceful environment for everyone. This behavior reduces and sometimes ruins the effects of their efforts to build the system.
The worst of it occurs when two extreme sectors “religious and non-religious” or our political parties take a stand against each other. The blame each other on the whole without specifying the person they have problem with or the opinion or decision they disagree with.
Allama Iqbal said, “Justice is an inestimable treasure but we must guard it against the thief of mercy.”
I personally think that this is enough. Now time has come to do justice…to everyone and everything. So I decided to be specific in mentioning the names I have problem with so the one who have nothing to do with it don’t feel bad.
Social Life in Islam – April 19, 2010
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) has said: ‘Your smile for your brother is Sadaqah. Your removal of stones, thorns or bones from the paths of people is Sadaqah. Your guidance of a person who is lost is Sadaqah.’ (Bukhari)
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) has said: ‘A Muslim does not plant, or sow anything from which a person, animal or anything eats but it is considered as Sadaqah from him.’ (Bukhari)
he Prophet (Peace be upon him) has said:: “To smile in the company of your brother is charity. To command to do good deeds and to prevent others from doing evil is charity. To guide a person in a place where he can not get astray is charity. To remove troublesome things like thorns and bones from the road is charity. To pour water from your jug into the jug of your brother is charity. To guide a person with defective vision is charity for you.” (Bukhari)
The Prophet (S.A.W)’s teachings are pure, simple and easy to follow. All we need is a common sense to understand and the love of Prophet (S.A.W) t0 implement these beautiful advices in our lives.
As it is said in the hadith…
– The words “removing the harmful things from the roads or streets” clearly indicate that the Prophet (S.A.W) is advising us to keep the public places clean of all kinds of garbage. A true believer can’t even think about polluting the environment, throwing garbage on the roads, spoiling the beautiful surroundings by spitting around.
– The words “company of your brother” no doubt refer to the social life which could be a gathering inside the house but mostly it is the life outdoor; meaning roads, streets and places where people gather to have fun or to work. In short, this is our beloved Prophet (S.A.W)’s advice for us to show manners when outside. “Smiling” to others shows that one has no intention of harming other people by any means.
– “To guide a traveler” means to help someone with the directions, another suggestion for how to behave outdoor.
– It doesn’t say planting but planting a tree from which the people and animals can get food or medicine. Planting fruitful trees or one with flowers is an act of charity.
I wonder why don’t our Imams, scholars, thinkers, leaders emphasize on these important social and religious issues in their sermons and discussions? These are the orders, suggestions or advices from our beloved Prophet (S.A.W), free of all twisting, easy to understand and follow.
The city govt of Karachi spent millions of rupees on planting the trees. The trees that have no fruits, no flowers. Trees are birds’ habitat. Birds don’t get attracted to these trees even spiders don’t spin web on the. The gardener in our public park, who never attended a school, said that it’s a common sense that the plant which absorb poisonous gases from the atmosphere in the day time (as the CDGK claimed) will release the same gases at night along with oxygen. That will cause sickness and illness. I don’t know where did the ex-mayor get his degree and the advice to plant these trees.
People would learn and obey the Prophet (S.A.W) more if our religious scholars, leaders and imams repeatedly discuss these issues in their sermons, lectures and discussions.