An Open Sinner vs A False Saint
“An open sinner is better than a false saint”…must be the saying of some foolish men or a women. Both are losers unless they repent. Both these characters are equal in terms of spreading negative thoughts, causing lack of trust in a society and throttling the efforts of those who want to bring a positive change.
A saint or a commoner, whoever pretends to be good while he/she is not, is a hypocrite. However, somebody’s hypocrisy should not be an excuse for others to commit sins openly. “Being a sinner”, is this something to be proud of? The word “better” doesn’t match the word sinner. If somebody knows that he/she is a sinner, does this qualify them to take a stand against hypocrites instead of trying to be a BETTER person?
as a noun:
1. transgression of divine law: the sin of Adam.
2. any act regarded as such a transgression, esp. a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
3. any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense: It’s a sin to waste time.
as a verb (used without object):
4. to commit a sinful act.
5. to offend against a principle, standard, etc.
–verb (used with object)
6. to commit or perform sinfully: He sinned his crimes without compunction.
7. to bring, drive, etc., by sinning: He sinned his soul to perdition.
1. trespass, violation. 2. wrong, wickedness. 4. transgress, trespass.
as a noun: 1) Who in this world would prefer to be a “trespasser, violator, wicked, transgressor and wrong” over a hypocrite?
as a verb: 2) Who in this world would be proud of doing “transgression against a divine law, violation of some religious and moral principals” just to show that he/she is not a hypocrite?
And we blame religious people for harming the religion. I call it mental sickness. I mean how crazy would it sound if I introduce myself as a sinner (the breaker of religious boundaries, simply saying I don’t care about religion) because I am not a hypocrite. If this is said fashionably or due to the pressure of the society then may God have mercy on us all and we must refer to Qur’an to know how the previous nations were perished for violating the religious boundaries proudly, collectively and arrogantly.